pi day post

by - 3/14/2015 09:26:00 am

the wrong kind of pi...via

3/14/15 9:26. See anything familiar? It's pi (3.141592653...), which means that today, right when I am posting this, is Pi Day!

Don't worry if you've missed this post and didn't get a chance to celebrate. There's still 9:26 PM, but you better be quick because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Like last year, when we had 12/13/14 and also 12/12/12 12:12.

I suppose this isn't enough content to fill a pi (I'm so sorry), so I'll tell you what I've been up to recently.

I borrowed The Throne of Glass, which is a shame because I had a list of 5 books that I intended to borrow and I could only find that book. The books were Poison Study, We Were Liars, A Casual Vacancy and The Girl on the Train; if you've read any of these books, please let me know what you've thought of them!

Mostly I've been trying to catch up on my workload, which consists of two speeches, an assignment on databases and math textbook chapters. On top of that, I've been trying to learn Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 which I may have mentioned in a previous post.

Also, I've made friends with the ginger cat next door who climbed over the fence into our house, and the sausage dog from the other neighbour who instead opted to dig a hole under the fence. It's good to know my ever-growing list of friends (humans and non-humans alike) is growing.

That's it for Pi Day! Remember to make a wish, or more importantly, start on that maths homework you've been putting off (you can't fool me).


—jo ;)

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. MATH PEOPLE UNITE! xD

    I loved We Were Liars- some people think that it's hard to read, but I liked the format :) I've been meaning to read The Throne of Glass for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!

      Really? I've heard similar comments about it, apparently the writing feels disconnected at times. Thank for letting me know :) The Throne of Glass is fun, so far.

      Delete
  2. Woah, woah wait. I'm not comprehending the whole pi thing...umm...am I missing something? Or is it just Pi Day? 'Cuz, if so...
    WOOOOOOT....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I guess I didn't explain it as clearly as I should have. :) If you look at the time and date I posted this, it's 3/14/15 (3rd of March, 2015) at 9:26 AM. Aka, pi (3.1415926...).

      It's not an official holiday or anything, but a small cause to celebrate! :D

      Delete
  3. I'm still in my room and haven't eaten breakfast yet... But there is Pi upstairs waiting for me! My mini-school did Pinday where (since this week we were on Spring Break) the last day before we were dismissed from school, we had a pie buffet and that's all we would eat. Yes yes yes!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Uh, can I move to your school? :')
      But seriously, that sounds great!

      Delete
  4. I generally hate math but even I can appreciate pi day :) Good luck on Chopin!! Those are tough but so rewarding!

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one! Thanks :)

      Delete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.