books and reading tag

by - 4/28/2015 08:10:00 am



Another tag! Look at that! I was nominated by Christine (thanks!) over at Everything is Blogsome. The original tag is by Noor at A Little Bit Of Sunshine.

Here are the rules:
  • You must answer all the questions 
  • Repost the picture with a link to Noors blog and the persons blog who tagged you
  • You may tag people if you would like, but it isn't required.

1. April TBR (To be read)? 
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page, and Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King! I've gotten three recommendations for Dorothy Must Die, which I wasn't planning to read until I was at least familiar with the story of Oz (I thought this meant Australia, at first). And the blurb for Mr. Mercedes pulled me in straight away.

...or does she? I'll find out.

2. Book (series) you would like to see as a movie?
Probably The Heroes of Olympus series. The Percy Jackson movies were kind of a bummer, and I'd like to see all the characters from THoO in the cinema. Like my favourites (excluding the Percy Jackson folk), Leo, Hazel and Piper.

"Oh, man. Why don't they put me on the big screen?"

3. Overhyped book/author?

:(

I love John Green and I'm a nerdfighter, but TFiOS didn't feel as amazing to me as it did to everyone else! I'M SORRY.

4. The best book series you will ever read?
I loved the Throne of Glass series for pure entertainment. Harry Potter is, of course, an obvious choice for me. Those, plus the Song of the Lioness series tops all.

5. Book to movie adaption that was really bad?
Percy Jackson *turns into subtle cough*.

6. Books that just made you cry?
No book has ever made me cry! I already knew I was a heartless monster, but on the other hand, I've read a lot of books in my time (and some none too happy). The closest was Dobby's death in Harry Potter, and A Little Princess made me slightly cry tears of joy.

7. Book you're reading right now? Give it a quick rating.
Lord of the Rings (again). 5/5.

8. A book series that you just didn't like?
The Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot. It was full of plot holes, Mary Sues and (what appeared to be) an abusive relationship. Not Cabot's finest moment, considering I loved The Princess Diaries when I was younger.


9. Book that you haven't read yet, but really need to?
The Shining/It by Stephen King. How have I not read these?

10. What was the first book you really loved?
Well, it was probably a children's book! I really loved (and still adore) Possum Magic, The Hungry Caterpillar and THE RAINBOW FISH.

"Blub blub, I own your childhood, kiddos."

For the people I tag, change Question 10 to my new question (then do the same for when you tag others): Who is your favourite author of all time?

I tag:
Devanshi from Upwardss
Heather from Sometimes I'm a Story
Kathie from A Sea Change
Kelsey from Empty Boxes
Mariya from name is ayiram
MorningTime4 from The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life
Nymisha from this is nymisha
Opal from Opal Swirls
Robin from Little Teen's Blog

I wasn't sure if some of you wanted to do it, but if you want to and I didn't tag you, go for it! Say I tagged you. :)

Over and out,

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. Thanks for the tag, Jo! I have to say this: the rainbow fish is adorable :D :D And ooh, have fun reading Dorothy Must Die! I've heard amazing things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) it is indeed. :D I think I'll borrow it on the weekend, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I remember as a kid I always chose to read The Rainbow Fish when I used to go to the library.
    Thank you for tagging me! :)

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'd love to do this tag! Can I still do it even if I wasn't tagged? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and it's Abbie from girlOnline!

      Delete
    2. Of course you can! I'm sorry I didn't tag you! Just say that I did. :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! I will definitely do the challenge/tag thing. . . Books are life.

    Really? You didn't like TFioS either? The hype was way too much. The characters were fantastic, and the writing style was fun. But the middle just kind of dragged and then the ending dragged out even more. It was slightly predictable to me, and I feel terrible saying that. But during the middle, I was ready for the ending, and at the ending, I was ready for the ending to just end. :P I'm sorry, but it's just true.

    Yeah, I saw the Percy Jackson movie. And I loved how it integrated the mythology and everything. But it didn't transition well and kind of turned me off the books. But everybody talks about the author. So I'm reading The Lightning Thief, and I really like it actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I liked The Fault in Our Stars because of its entertainment value, but I agree that the hype was too much. I found it slightly predictable as well so I wasn't that shocked when I reached the ending. :')

      I saw both and...oh dear. I'm glad you're having a go at the books, they are worth reading in my opinion! I started with series that continues Percy Jackson, which is The Heroes of Olympus series, and it still worked. Thanks for doing the tag. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! Thank you so much for nominating me! I don't do many tags and awards any more (although I am making an exception for this Friday; it's something I've been planning for awhile). The Percy Jackson movie adaptions were very cringe-worthy... my parents thought that the movie was exactly like the book and said, "Gosh, it's such a bad series!" It's not; Hollywood just made everyone all warped. If they end up doing Heroes of Olympus, then it should follow to the book.

    I have to agree when you talk about The Fault in Our Stars! I loved it, but I honestly think that Paper Towns is a lot more better because yes, there is romance, but it kind of seems a bit more realistic, one side of the romantic pairing fantasizing the other. I cried at the end of this book, because it was beautiful. I'm really excited for the movie! TFIOS movie followed the book pretty well, so I have faith in the Paper Towns movie.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I tagged you then! I hope they stop making Percy Jacksons and start making HoO, for the sake of starting fresh. :)

      AND OH MY. Finally someone thinks Paper Towns is better! Thank you! It's so much more realistic because Q loves the idea of Margo, not Margo herself, until he gets to know her. I still liked TFiOS, and I loved Gus, but he was a tad unrealistic (because of his speeches, perhaps). I can't wait for the movie, Cara Delevigne seems great for the role!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for tagging me, this looks great! I would have to say that the entire PJO/HOO series should just get rebooted in the cinematic verse and be made awesome and worth it before I cry. Rainbow Fish is awesome, TFIOS a little less... I'm afraid I must agree. John Green is awesome, but still. I can't wait to get on this one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is weird, I just got onto Blogger to reply to Morning. No worries, I hooe you enjoy doing the tag! A reboot is definitely needed, maybe with a new approach or new director. I'm so glad you agree about TFiOS! Where I'm from, it's an unpopular opinion, especially at my school, but it just wasn't amazing. People accuse me of hating it because it's popular, but I'd been a nerdfighter for years and I picked up the book within months of it's release. Good luck with the tag :)

      Delete
    2. Excuse my spelling, I'm on a laggy iPad!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for tagging me! THE RAINBOW FISH OH WOW. I loved that book!!!! And TFiOS is totally over hyped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! The Rainbow Fish was the highlight of most childhoods. :') I'm glad you agree!

      Delete
  8. I hope you like Dorothy Must Die! I CLAIM THAT I LIVE IN OZ. *struts around in Ruby slippers* It would be so so interesting to see Percy Jackson done...right?! And as a tv series! I'm about to pick up The Lost Hero from the library tomorrow and I'M SO EXCITED.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yours was one of the recommendations. Also, Ruby slippers? :') I would love to see Percy Jackson redone. Hope you like the book, I read that series first, then PJ and IT'S SO GOOD.

      No problem. :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for tagging me I'll get it up as soon as possible!! ^__^
    (sorry im so late)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Take your time. :)

      Delete
  10. It makes me so happy to see that you're a Tamora Pierce fan! There doesn't seem to be too many in the blog-o-sphere. I enjoyed Song of the Lioness, but my favourites are the Beka Cooper books:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I found a fellow fan. I like how she writes fantasy; maybe a little old-fashioned in today's time but that's why I like it! I'll have a read of the Beka Cooper books, since you recommended them. Thanks. :)

      Delete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.