you are a joy to the universe

by - 4/13/2015 08:56:00 pm

I'm in a state of euphoria right now. Do you know why?

BECAUSE HUMANS ARE AMAZING. WE ARE AMAZING.

It's so weird, I was just listening to music and I happened to glance at my wrist and I saw a tiny pulse pounding beneath the skin and I freaked out a bit and wrote a post about it a few minutes later. I don't know about you, but I feel a rant coming on.

WE HAVE HEARTS THAT GO THUMP-THUMP. We are wires and rivers of blood wrapped in a sack of cells and bones. That's all. We have millions of networks inside our brains. Everything about us is written in code. Unimaginable amounts of DNA. We are programs.


WE TRAP PEOPLE IN OUR ARMS AS A SIGN OF AFFECTION. And we hit our hands together and do all sorts of weird things. We move our mouth muscles and force them upwards. Like ??? this is supposed to be a sign of pleasure? Wow.


WE'RE SO FRAGILE. A million ways to break us apart. We have a talent for destruction.


WE'RE SO STRONG. We're born strong. We become strong. We suffer all at once. We suffer a little each day.


WE RUB COLOURS ON PAPER FOR JOY. We manipulate our voices into different arangements because it stimulates us. We invent things and show everyone how clever we are with our innovations. We have a talent for creation.


WE ARE ATOMS THAT STUDY ATOMS. We are atoms...discovering ourselves.


WE FIND BEAUTY IN THE STRANGEST PLACES. We like the look of the images our brain processes. We love what our minds generate for us. Isn't that weird? Also, kind of depressing. We like the look of certain body organs. We're so affectionate and amorous and it's astounding.


I think I have an obsession with living things.

Bless our souls.

You May Also Like

37 comments

  1. Love this post so much!

    The great wonder of living and loving and the sunny and sad side of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I love the undercurrent of wry humour here, because maybe we're weird, but we are definitely awesome. Love the atoms-studying-atoms line, and the accompanying GIF :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that was a great description of the post. :') thank you!

      Delete
  3. love the reckless passion surging through this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that describes it nicely. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. This was amazing.
    That line we're atoms discovering atoms with that GIF that was awesome *Applause* :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I liked having an excuse to use that GIF ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww, I love the gifs and the text and everything is so well put together wow.
    This is probably my favorite post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. God is so good, and this post reminded me of that. PLUS WE HAVE HEARTS THAT GO THUMP-THUMP WHAT I LAUGHED SO HARD. ♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's awesome. <3 WELL, THEY DO :')

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH. Particularly "we rub colours on paper for joy". YES YES WE DO AND IT'S INCREDIBLE THAT WE DO THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES THIS POST. I sometimes get hit by JUST WOW HUMANS. I love how humorous and true this post is :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I KNOW, RIGHT?
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. This is such an awesome post, oh my gosh!!

    And sorry, I forgot to tell you, I tagged you to do the Literature Photo Tag. Details are on my blog:
    http://littleteensblog.blogspot.com.au/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Also, that's rad! Thank you a lot!

      Delete
  10. This post is so amazing, I can't even find the right words to describe it. It made me look at life from a whole different point of view and made me realize that yes, we are amzing. Life is amazing :)

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Life is indeed amazing. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi, Jo!
    Okay.This is absolutely adorable! I love how you said: "We find beauty in the strangest places." It's so true! Thanks for visiting my blog, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! :)
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ! Thank you. :) and no problem, I like your blog!

      Delete
  12. 'We find beauty in the strangest places.' Oh, I love how you said that ♥|

    -Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwww.... I swear, I teared up. This is beautiful! :')

    -Yasîmone
    http://yasimone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing. Thank you for reminding us that we are alive. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.