get to know your fellow bloggers - opal and sophia

by - 5/05/2015 03:17:00 pm


Recently, I was lucky enough to work with two exceptional bloggers: Sophia and Opal You probably read their blogs; if not, WHY AREN'T YOU FOLLOWING THEM? *ahem* Sorry about that! But please do take the chance to read their blogs, they're incredible.

Here are their interviews! Hope you enjoy and learn more about them. You can also look on their blogs to see an interview of me pop up soon. *nervous laughter*

--

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Opal: I have always wanted a photographic mind, so that I never forget anything. I’m not sure if it counts as a superpower though. Being invisible would be nice.

Sophia: The ability to eat whatever I wanted and have it turn directly into muscle. :)

2. Introvert or extrovert?
Opal: I’m incredibly introverted.

Sophia: Introvert. Though I have my extroverted moments.

3. What are your pet peeves?
Opal: I hate the sound of chewing, it makes me want to scream. I don’t like people who chew with their mouths open of try to talk with a mouthful of food. Also humming under your breath annoys me.

Sophia: I can't stand crooked pictures (hanging on the wall), inconsistencies, and whiny people.

4. What genre of music do you listen to?
Opal: Mostly rock; Imagine Dragons, Bastille and Fall Out Boy, but a bit of everything; Twenty One Pilots, Nico & Vinz, OneRepublic and Arctic Monkeys to name a few.

Sophia: Wow. A lot. Pop, country, heavy rock, bluegrass, celtic... etc. I kind of have a random taste in music.

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, if you gave up internet access for the rest of your life, how badly would it affect you?
Opal: I use the internet for pretty much everything. I have been without it for a week a few times, it’s not so bad when you know that you will be disconnected for a set time. If I lost it without warning, the effect it would have on me would be way off the scale.

Sophia: 5. ish.... okay maybe more of a 8 or 9.

6. What fandoms are you are part of?
Opal: I stand very carefully on the edge of fandoms, because I don’t want anyone to think a book/movie/band are my life or that I know everything there is to know about them. Off the top of my head, I guess Harry Potter, The Avengers, anything to do with Ally Carter, Hunger Games, Divergent, and bands I really like.

Sophia: Once Upon a Time... And I'm partially in the fandoms of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Hunger Games, and Divergent. What is partially in a fandom, you ask? It means that you sometimes act like you are COMPLETELY OBSESSED AND ADDICTED and then other times you're just like... meh.

7. Give me your best pun.
Opal: What do you call a fake pasta noodle? Impasta! I’m sorry my pun isn’t funny.

Sophia: I don't do puns. I guess you'll have to pun-ish me.

8. Do you prefer rainy, snowy, windy or sunny weather?
Opal: The colder, the better. I love rain especially.

Sophia: Sunny, but not hot so I can run outside.

9. What is your funniest childhood memory?
Opal: I don’t remember this, but my parents tell the story often enough.

When I was 2 and a half, my little sister was born. A week later, my Granddad was in hospital, so my whole family went to to visit him. When we pulled up, I looked out the window and said ‘This is where we got [My sisters name] from. Are we taking her back?’

My mum didn’t think that I’d remember the hospital, but both her and my father thought it was hilarious. It was the beginning on my long campaign against my little sister that lasted about 13 years. We get on without any jealously now.

Sophia: Um... This wasn't really funny at the time, but now it is. :) When I was 7, I was at my grandparents' house on vacation riding bikes with my cousin down their long driveway, somehow my cousin and I smashed bikes and then a scraped my face up on the driveway and chipped a tooth. That wasn't the fun part, but the really funny part was that my scabs looked like I had smashed blueberry pie all over my face, and the pictures from that vacation are hilarious!

10. What is your dream job and why?
Opal: I’d love to work with horses or in agriculture. I love being outdoors, but I will probably do agriculture at university because it is more practical course choice. I would also like to be an author, but not full time.

Sophia: I want to be president, a lawyer, or a business entrepreneur. Why? So I can defend the defenseless, love the loveless.

--


Opal

Opal can most often be found hidden behind a book or computer. She dreams of one day ruling the world with her cat, Hunter. If she can't rule the world, she hopes to at least change it for the better in some way. Opal blogs at Opal Swirls, where she talks about life, writing, books and whatever else floats through her mind.



Sophia

Sophia is a Christian blogger from the great USA. Her interest in blogging started when she was twelve, and she recently started her blog Someplace in the Midst. Her blog's purpose is to be a place in the midst of the craziness of life to inspire people to created beautiful things. She also blogs about the randomness and awesomeness of her life.


...Revenge of the Fifth...

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Awesome post! Love the variety in your questions. (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS Imagine Dragons!!! I also want to be a lawyer one day! Great post, the stories were very funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! That's a great ambition, I hope it works out. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for having me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for having me! :D

      Delete
  4. Great interview. Opal and Sophia were fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they were. :) thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Oohh. This is such a fun idea! I follow both Opal's and Sophia's blogs and it was awesome to get to know more about each of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely to get to know you both a little more, ladies! I especially liked what you said about your career, Sophie: loving the loveless. That's so cool. Also, Opal, your music choices are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.