why hawkeye is the best avenger

by - 6/24/2015 07:15:00 pm


HOW.
CAN.
YOU NOT.
LIKE HAWKEYE.
...
HOW??? (minor spoilers ahead)

Okay back to base. So I know Captain America is basically the biggest darn hero on Earth, Thor is practically a god, Natasha is a badass ninja-lady, Hulk SMASHES stuff, and, oh, Iron Man is a genuis playboy billionaire philanthropist. But I'm going to tell you why Hawkeye is the best Avenger. Yep. Challenge accepted.


He's the Avenger closest to being 'ordinary'
He's an everyman. Sure, he's stronger and tougher and more equipped for fighting than most, but in AoU we get to see his family and his home. And no offense, Mr. Barton, but when Captain America was all, "We were too busy not knowing you existed," we (non comic/wikipedia page readers) kind of agreed. He's a lot more relatable than the other Avengers. Anyone can be an agent, but at the same time, few people can be an agent. So he's special...but not THAT different from us.

- He has no superhuman powers, all of his 'powers' are learned and perfected
His 'powers' which include archery, strength, hand-to-hand combat, other things required for an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., it's due to extensive training rather than a potion or a suit or a laboratory experiment. Which means he had to have trained a whole lot to get to his current Legolas stage (minus the pointy ears).


- He's got a great relationship with Natasha, and he's the only that that truly understands her (in the films, anyway, I haven't read too much of the comics)
I'm going to repeat this story because I love it so much. So, when Black Widow started killing some people and getting in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s way, Hawkeye was sent out to kill her. Only he didn't (!), and now they're close as can be. I'm pretty glad the Clintasha ship never sailed...besides the age difference, it would've been disappointing that Natasha didn't have anyone that she was completely comfortable with.


- He's the heart of the team
He's not immortal, can't wreck the living daylights out of things, can't build high-tech weapons...so why is he even a part of the Avengers anyway? I think he's more important than most people think. Sure, he's not leading the fight like Cap or going undercover like Nat, but he's there. You really can't question is loyalty or reliability; he's always in the fight, helping out his team and looking after civilians. He's like the guy on the basketball team who's not the best player but gives out high fives and pep talks during timeouts.

- He kicks ass at Mario Kart (if you get this reference I will love you)

- He's not seen as 'tough' but he is one of the most likely to die; despite this, he goes out and fights Ultron and all the robot minions (I finally watched Avengers: AoU, by the way)
They talk about how Agent Coulson's a martyr, but if Hawkeye died...everyone would be crushed. I think his death would affect the Avengers more than anyone else's. But he can't die. Because. Just no.


But wait! What about you? Who do you like? Tell me below! :)

You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. I, for one, am very glad Clintasha didn't happen. But at the same time, I don't know if I like the idea of her with Bruce/Hulk.
    I think Hawkeye is awesome. I like Natasha a tiny bit more, and I like that the two of them aren't superhuman (right word?). I think that as friends and to bring a balance to the Avengers team they work very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unsure about Nat/Bruce as well. Didyou know that AoU was originally meant to have an end scene which revealed that Nat actually wasn't Nat. It explains why she was acting quite stange around Bruce.
      Natasha is mazin. :') And yeah, I agree, it's nice that they aren't. :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry formy absurd spelling (iPad keyboards are messed up)!

      Delete
  2. Hawkeye's so cool! My fav Avenger is still Black Widow, but Hawkeye should merit his own category. And yes! I mean, I guess Tony had to learn engineering and physics, but I love that Hawkeye (and I guess Natasha too) actually went through the process of perfecting those combat skills. And they didn't have Asgardian armour or special training arenas or whatnot. And absolutely what you said about him being the heart of the team. That is a good reason to sink the Clintasha ship, just to keep all his relationships with the other Avengers platonic.

    I still love that line, what was it? "We're fighting robots, and I have a bow and arrows."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat is awesome and my second favourite. <3 All of them are pretty incredible, no matter how they got their powers. Cap didn't really earn his, for a lack of a better term, but he's selfless and just and lawful. I'm glad you agree!

      "None of this makes sense." :')

      Delete
  3. MARIO KART KING love that video I nearly cried when it first popped up on my YouTube feed.

    I can never pick favorites; I love them all too much. But I have to say that Vision is the most exciting currently as he's the most innocent and PIETRO DEAR NOOO

    *ahem* anyway

    I agree with all of this. Except I still can't get over Clintasha exploding. I'm afraid I'll go down with that ship to its watery grave (lovely imagery I know)

    YOU SAW AOU YAY (I have literally no chill)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME. The number of times I've replayed it is just embarrassing.

      Awh, that part was horrible. I'd gotten quite attached to him, too.

      *waves to your watery grave* So you don't like Bruce/Nat or?

      AND YES, YES I DID AND IT WAS GOOD. But it wasn't great, if you know what Imean. *cringes for incoming haters*

      Delete
  4. Hawkeye is awesome! Black Widow will always be my favorite, but Hawkeye is a close second! I love his relationship with Natasha, like you said, but I'm glad it didn't turn into an actual relationship. This post was awesome, thanks for writing it :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S: I added you to my Friends page :)

      Delete
    2. Yaas Black Widow! She's my second favourite. I agree with you, I'm glad it was made this way. Thank you for reading the post!

      Oh sweet, thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Hawkeye! The first time I went to watch Avengers I was just waiting for all the scenes he was there in! ^.^

    -Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Although I'd hoped for more backstory, but it's understandable since it was only the first movie and there were so many lead characters. :)

      Delete
  6. I agree so much. Hawkeye is just hands down the best. I especially like your "he's the heart of the team" point. He really is, and I think that's so neat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He sure is. :') He really does seem like the heart, I'm glad you liked the point!

      Delete
  7. I love this post! So much! It highlights all the best parts of Hawkeye. You're right about him being the heart of the team. If something happened to him, I don't really know what the other Avengers would do. He's that guy who you kind of forget he's there until you turn to see some maniac robot behind you and an arrow blows its head up. . . or you hear some snarky comment over the your earpiece. I also love how he's the most relatable and all his "powers" are just skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Yeah, they'd be crestfallen! He's very forgettable, until he's gone. I'm happy someone understands how I feel, he's just relatable and badass and aweomse. Your snarky earpiece comment made me laugh. :')

      Delete
  8. YES I KNOW ABOUT KICKING BUTT IN MARIO KART YOU SAW THAT TOO YAAAAAAAASSSS. ^.^ I can't stop singing that paraody. I do love Hawkeye, indeed. Like, dude, he needs his own stand alone.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY ANOTHER PERSON WHO GETS IT THIS IS GREAT. :D Same, it was stuck in my head for days after I watched it. YES, his own movie would be the best thing! And Black Widow as well. :)

      Delete
  9. I do love Hawkeye, I do, I do. For all the reasons you said, of course, but the biggest one just is that normalcy. He's a guy. In a way, he's the guy who can best look out for the interests and welfare of the world because he is a citizen of the world. Natasha's been pulled out by the government, Hulk isn't always human, Tony Stark is freakily rich, Cap is 40 years away from his own time, Thor doesn't live here.... Clint has a farm. He has kids. He has a wife. He has people who live normal lives who he cares about and he has a life that could be normal that he wants to preserve, and he's going to know that there are other people in exactly the same boat as him. He's a guy, and that is what's most important. And it makes him awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He's one of us. He's the guy we'd probably pass in the supermarket. Exactly! He's so much more relatable this way. Indeed, he is awesome. Your reason is the reason why he's my favourite Avenger. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  10. Dude, I've liked Hawkeye since the first Avengers, LOL. He's basically been my favorite from the beginning! This post was so perfect, btw. Explained all the reasons he's amazing <3

    I'm actually kinda glad Clintasha didn't end up being a thing, but I'm also not sold on Bruce and Nat. Guess we'll have to see.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah :) I'm glad you liked it! I'm happy Clintasha didn't become a thing, too. Bruce and Nat...nah. I like Nat independent (or if not, with someone that's not a member of the Avengers). We shall see

      Delete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.