diy soundtracks for every occasion (guest post by kriti)

by - 2/04/2016 07:54:00 pm

     

For me, the soundtrack is the most memorable part of films, theater productions and even books (one of my favourite books, After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick, features a very impressive soundtrack).

But soundtracks aren't just for popular media. We naturally associate music with certain memories or actions. You may have some 120 bpm songs you like to workout to or holiday songs that remind you of family and friends.

 One time, I spent Christmas Day on a plane and the only thing the airline played on the televisions was Justin Bieber's Christmas album. Now whenever I hear that song I remember that trip. Justin Bieber's Christmas songs became the soundtrack to my trip.

So here are a few random activities/moods and some corresponding songs that make-up their perfect soundtracks.

For an out of body experience
These are the songs that just take you to another place.

While achieving social justice
These tracks are motivational & inspirational.

Nostalgia
These songs will take you back to the good ol' days.

To wash your car to
Make the most mundane tasks into something fun.

To show off your fresh hair cut
Whenever you enter a room with style (like in the movies).
To pointlessly learn all the word to
Knowing the words to these tracks are a party trick.


Comment below if you want to see soundtracks made out of your favourite books, and which songs you would add to these soundtracks!

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ahhh, thank you! My playlists are getting a little....borrrinngg. But I feel like that's always the case unless you are amazing at finding new music because you have endless time on your hands. Which is definitely not me. Ahem.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    -elissa//letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! It was indeed a good playlist. :)

      Delete
  2. OH my goodness I LOVVEEE finding a new playlist and these seem rad!
    Good work!!!!!!

    Randy Abby


    WAKE ME UP Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, I liked the playlist too! :)

      Delete
  3. YES! I'm LOVING the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I totally get the associating events with music! I distinctly remember being 14 and reading Ranger's Apprentice while my brother was listening to Florence and the Machine. I ALWAYS THINK OF THEM TOGETHER NOW. XD It's so weird but awesome how that happens, right?!?

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.