turning eighteen

by - 5/10/2017 07:45:00 pm


Ducklings have it easy. When they leave the nest the ground is within their sights. The choice is made for them: fly or die. Our futures aren't as clear.

It's hard not to look back at all the mistakes I've made, and all the regrets I have. But there's a lot of things that make me glad I live in these times. Good music, good books and movies. The places I've been and the people I've met. There's so much you can learn from the people you meet.

It's good to be eighteen. I've always considered myself indepedent (well, as indepedent as I can be, as a high schooler living with my parents). I did the translations. I self-taught. I solved my own problems.

But now freedom seems more tangible, somehow. If some of us are looking at the stars, then I am looking at them with newfound authority, and without any shyness.

There's so much to look forward to in the near future. And I can't wait to finally get off this dot on the map and see more of the world, and learn all there is to know.

The stars are bright.

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Life will jave its ups and downs but you have got this. Wishing you the best(: <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless. <3 Thanks so much Vanessa! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! What lovely, lovely words you've written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Jo! It's so good to see you're still blogging tho it's been a while ever since I read your blog almost like 2yrs,ever since Daily Diaries.

    love the new design! All the very best for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLD ON. Neal?? Neal Kind? (Is that you? Tell me I'm right).

      Thanks for your kind comments! :) All the best to you.

      Delete
    2. Thought so! Good to hear from you again. :)

      Delete
  4. So this is quite late. XD I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you want to publish your comment! The delete option isn't working for some reason--will be fixed soon.